One of the main impacts social media has on our body is lack of sleep. I know I'm not the only one who loves to watch Netflix and stays up till 4 in the morning watching all 8 seasons of a tv show. Even if I only watch Netflix till 12 I wake up for school the next morning tired and wishing I had not stayed up. Games, vine, Instagram, or snapchat also keep us up late at night, when we are on social media we don't think about how tired were going to be when we wake up. It's hard to stay of of Instagram and vine and other apps because they practically run out lives.
Social media also has an effect on our brain activity. We always like to think that playing games and watching Netflix is ok but your brain goes every direction and your brain activity slows down, that's why we like to watch tv because you are not having to think. Even though you are playing a game you are not engaging you brain as much as if you were playing a board game. Having to not think is one of the biggest reasons and temptations for us to stop our homework and watch Netflix or check Instagram.
No comments:
Post a Comment